What's OC MADE?
OC MADE is a program designed in assisting start-up businesses in entering the O.C. Market Place. Participants will learn core concepts in creating a successful Market Place business. Over 4 weeks, participants will learn about business planning, marketing, financing, and how to transform their dreams into a reality. This program will help you obtain all the necessary information and help accelerate your concept so you can operate your vendor booth at the O.C. Market Place.
How to Apply
Register through Eventbrite, answer the preliminary questions on the registration and one of our SBDC consultants will reach out to conduct a brief interview with you – 25 people will be selected for this program based on an interview process. No cost to participate in the program.
- Developing your product for the Market Place
- Building your idea into a business
- Market Place requirements
- Licenses and permits to operate at the Market Place
- Market research
- Sourcing, costing and pricing your products
- Financial projections
- Walking the Market Place
- Presentation from a current Market Place vendor
- Developing your marketing plan
- Understanding social media and how to attract customers/repeat customers
- Finance and funding
- Accepting payment at the Market Place
- Setting up your Market Place booth
- Signage and promotion
- OC Market forms, policies, and procedures
- Graduation/certificate ceremony
- Market Place vendor booth for a select few on Saturday, March 16 and Sunday, March 17.- a perfect opportunity to showcase your business!