What's OC MADE?
OC MADE is a program aimed at assisting start-up businesses with entering the Orange County Market Place to validate their concept. Students will learn core concepts to create a successful Market Place business. Over a 4-week period, students will learn about planning, marketing, financing and bringing their dreams into a reality. This quick-paced program will accelerate your concept in just a few short weeks and give you the ability to operate an O.C. Market Place vendor booth.
How to Apply
Register through Eventbrite, answer the preliminary questions on the registration and one of our SBDC consultants will reach out to conduct a brief interview with you – 25 people will be selected for this program based on an interview process. No cost to participate in the program.
WEEK 1 | Saturday, February 16
- Developing your product for the Market Place
- Building your idea into a business
- Market Place requirements
- Licenses and permits to operate at the Market Place
- Market research
WEEK 2 | Saturday, February 23
- Sourcing, costing and pricing your products
- Financial projections
- Walking the Market Place
- Presentation from a current Market Place vendor
WEEK 3 | Saturday, March 2
- Developing your marketing plan
- Understanding social media and how to attract customers/repeat customers
- Finance and funding
- Accepting payment at the Market Place
WEEK 4 | Saturday, March 9
- Setting up your Market Place booth
- Signage and promotion
- OC Market forms, policies, and procedures
- Graduation/certificate ceremony
Graduation Weekend | Saturday, March 16 & Sunday, March 17
- Market Place vendor booth for a select few on Saturday, March 16 and Sunday, March 17.- a perfect opportunity to showcase your business!